Sunday, April 10, 2011

Run, Rock & Roll For Victim Rights 5K

This was a marvelous day to race!  The sun was out and while a little hot, it was still a beautiful spring day.  The downside was that the wind was strong that day. 

The race was held at Southwind Park - this was my first time at the park.  The race was a two part out and back race.  First around the outer loop of the park and then out on a country road and back. 

I ran mostly ok.  It was hot and I ended up really hot.  There was no shade on the course.  The course inside of the park was great.  Nice and flat, no problems.  The country road part was difficult.  The road was concave and full of potholes and rocks.  It was challenging. 

This is me and my husband, after the race.

I ended up improving my time and getting a medal.  All participants received a medal. I love it when they give me shiny things.  The race packet also included a t-shirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment